Monday, February 7, 2011

Try Try Triathlon

Note: This will be an addicting sport!


When Ungo running couple Doc Kingking and Adz decided to organize the 1st Ungo AA Triathlon, I didn't hesitate to join as this will be my first time to do the swim-bike-run challenge.

Last Sunday's triathlon as one hell of an experience. Although there are some factor that made me think twice about joining -- if I can swim 750meters or bike 20kms or run 5K!

Try Try Triathlon

At first, I was hesitant to swim and I decided that I will just do the bike and run events. But at the last minute, I decided to do the swimming leg anyway. Without proper training in swimming, I headed to the chest-deep water with other fellow Ungo runners. I made it to the 750meter-swim (+ walk) leg!



Good thing Doc Kingking allowed me to use her mountain bike. Although I know to ride a bike but I am not much into biking or cycling. I even forgot to adjust the saddle height of the bike. The bike leg was also crucial as we rode off up until the 29th KM marker in Danao City while the sun is up and the big trucks just zoom by without warning. I headed back to the venue (Seafront Resort) all in one piece (although my butt hurts!) and ready to run.



I ask my PR Agatha to pace with me in the 5K run leg. I decided to run slow so that I can conserve my energy towards the finish line. Not to mention that my legs start to wobble. We stopped at the turning point -- our famous buko juice stop in Liloan. We drank buko juice to rehydrate and head back to make one loop. We were supposed to make 2 loops but the other runners decided to do one loop instead. We then head to the finish line. I finished 8th among 11 participants with a time of 1:32:46.


Fulfillment

Last Sunday's triathlon experience was very fulfilling. It inspired me to do better. I know swimming is my weakest sport. But I've realized that proper training can make myself stronger in the sport. I can bike and run so I just need to train in swimming.

Last Sunday was also a day of thanksgiving as it was also a post-birthday celebration of fellow Ungo Runner Brian Padilla. 

To Do List:
  • train for swimming
  • do more spin classes with Syd
  • buy my own bike 
  • run more marathons
  • join Ungo Triathlon ver 1.10

Thanx to Adz and Doc King2x for organizing the event. And to all members of Ungo Tri for making a difference... THANK YOU!


Now did I say this sport is addictive? 

When is Version 1.10?

*Special thanx to our Photographers: James Go, Sydney, Doc King2x, Victor and Belle.

7 comments:

  1. nice... one more thing: buy a trisuit for ver 1.10 :-) (para mas feel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adz - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... kalimot ko ana da. salamat! eng eng eng...

    hahaha. na excite ko da! tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.. never limiting yourself to anything you believe you can do does the job for you. Congratulations for giving yourself the treat.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. murag ma-agni man ta ani Kats!

    ReplyDelete

Tags

#85 01-09-11 01-10-10 1-10-10 10-10-10 1000kms 100kms 10K 11K 15K 1st Call Center Run 1st Cebu UltraMarathon 2 bridges 21K 2348 3 bridges 34th Milo Marathon 3K 42K 46.15kms 4th Auto Review Run for Road Safety and Courtesy 5K 64K Ultramarathon 65K Ultramarathon Abellana Aboitiz Race to Reduce Accenture Accenture Running Club Adrian Catingub Adz Agz Aherk Aijeigh Alex Junia All Saints' Day all souls day angst Annie Neric Any Given Sunday ARC Bacong baker's hill Balamban LSD beach run bigchiz Birthday Run Bonifacio Global City Boying BRC Brodie Wise Bucket List candle Cansaga carbo-loading CCC CCM 2011 CCM2012 Cebu City Marathon 2011 Cebu Executive Runners Club CebuRunning CERC cheez burgers Coast to Coast Ultramarathon Coffeecat conquer the hill dagan Dahilayan dailymile Dailymile Tri-City Run Dailymilers DARS DM Doc King2x Doc Reel Doc Reel Bontol Doc Tata donuts Dumaguete City E.A.T. Danao EAT Danao Energizer Nite Race Energizer Nite Run Eric Agaton Estan Cabigas First Marahon Friday Night Run FunnyBogdo Futsal Gary V. Haide Acuna Hotlegs Runner huarache iamkatol Jacob Ong Joy Polloso KAI Sandals kaon Kapamilya Run 2010 Kapuso Kassy Katol Kirk KSRP KT Tape Leo Ironman Leon Kilat's Retreat Looney Tunes Run LSD Manolito Saldivar Maple Tree Foundation Mary Anne Salomon Max Limpag meal break run Merry Christmas Mikaela Milo Cebu Route Milo Marathon Mitch Jala Mommy Twinkle Natash Cang NegOr Sprint Triathlon new balance 749 new PR Nike Nikia October Pink Run 2010 Onze palawan Phalangging PIA pinay in action Pink Planet Sports Run PR Prodigal Runner puerto princesa QueenBogdo quota run Reel Running reflections Rey Maribao RH Runners rotary run Run 4 Q Run for Pasig Run for Q Run for Sight Run for the Footure run to the max 3 Runcheck Runner's Circle Runners' World Running Runniversary Runnr RunRio Silliman Cebu Alumni Silliman Run 2010 Silliman University Singapore SK Runners SLD snake island SRP SRP Sundown Run Standard Chartered Marathon suroy TBR Dream Marathon Team Powerpuff Boys Team Reborn Team Tyts Bogdo Team Yellow Jersey TeamTytsBogdo TG The Blind Runner The Bull Runner The Dailymile Runners The Great Lapu-Lapu Run the last frontier The Running Lawyer Think Pink Thrill of the Trail Bohol Titanium Runner TNF Tracker trail run TTB Tuesday Group Twinkle underground river Ungo Ungo Triathlon Ungo TTB Ungo. Ungo Futsal Team University Run Unofficial Full Marathon VFF Flow VFF KSO Flow VFF KSO Trek VSMMC Wayne Plymale Wonder Colili Yellow Jersey ZipZone
Powered By Blogger